Over the holidays we had an Instagram contest and asked you to tag us (@lulu_frost / #luluholiday) in holiday pictures of you wearing your fave Lulu Frost. The picture with the most “likes” won a $300 gift card. We wanted to get to know our winner, Carin Olsson, a bit better. Turns out she has an awesome blog and lives in Paris!
Give us a brief background on you. I decided to stop everything I was doing during the winter of 2011 and pursue a dream I’d had for the last year or so. In the spring of 2012 I moved to Paris for four months! I fell in love with the city, people, food and fashion. Even though it was the rainiest spring Paris had experienced in 84 years, the city still stole my heart. This January I moved back to Paris once again!
Favorite Paris moment thus far? Paris Fashion Week makes my heart skip a beat. The city comes alive and is filled with glamorous and fashionable people. There’s no better time than PFW to people watch at a Parisian café over a delicious cappuccino, or run around the city with your camera in hand, capturing all the fashionable moments with my lens.
How do you know about Lulu Frost? I actually don’t exactly remember when I first discovered the Lulu Frost brand (hence it was quite some time ago…) but I’m pretty sure it was from other blogs and fashion magazines.
How did you learn about our contest? Of course I follow Lulu Frost on Instagram and learned about this amazing contest from their feed!
What do you plan to use your gift card on? I’ve scrolled up and down the Lulu Frost website over a million times by now, making a mental note by every other piece of jewelry… I have a weak spot for anything that sparkles so the selection is like a candy store for me. I might go for a stunning pair of earrings, like the Pysche studs, or a true classic that will work forever, like the Goldtone drift pendant. Although this 50 Year necklace is now stuck in my mind as well… Ah, decisions decisions!
New year’s resolution? To follow my dreams and to do what I love. Although I think, “live a healthier life” should apply after all the macaroons and pastries I’ve enjoyed over here!
Having just returned from Paris for The Box jewelry trade show, I can’t get French culture out of my head.
Here are some highlights from my trip.
1. L’Entrecôte restaurant - my favorite restaurant in all of Paris. With no menu to order from, they only serve one thing but they do it well. The queue is quite long but it’s worth the wait.
2. Montmarte & place de vosges - On our last day in Paris after the trade show ended, Sandra and I visited these two sites to take in the view before heading to the airport.
3. Rue de Verneuil - the street where Serge Gainsbourg lives. We stayed in an apartment just down the block from his home.
4. Vélib’ bicycle share - the city bicycle share is perfect way to get around
5. Colette - I stopped by the shop to see how Lulu Frost’s sister company Braced-Lets was doing and they were completely sold out. Time for a re-order!
6. Karry’O Jewelry - this jewelry boutique has a great selection of both vintage and original designs. I visit every time I’m in Paris. It’s pricey but everything is so unique!
above: the Lulu Frost booth at The Box and an overview of the trade show
posted by: Claire